Pick your language for posts | Escolhe o idioma para os posts


Monday 9 February 2015

Week 7 weight loss journal


Hey everyone, I'm sorry but I couldn't post this yesterday since I was very busy, we had some friends over for board game night and had a lot of food to make. The picture above is a saying to hang on the wall, I found it in a shop and thought it described my life right now. My weight has been stagnant for a while, I know it's what happens when you lose weight, you can't do it consistently every week, but it still hurts a bit. Apart from that, this week was so much fun, I got to play in the snow for the first time in my life and I wish it would snow in Lisbon because it's amazing. We also went to the cinema to watch Jupiter Ascending but I don't recommend the movie.

Food

I tried something new this week and as far as I could tell we don't sell it in Portugal. It's called Quorn and it's a brand that makes an alternative to meat and it's quite similar to chicken in texture. At only 35 calories a piece (the pieces were slightly smaller than a chicken breast) this is perfect. It doesn't taste like much on its own but when pimped up with some spices and side dishes it's great, I'm very impressed. For one of the dinners we had a pot roast that was delicious.

As snacks I've been having *cof* chocolate *cof*, nuts or yogurt with berries. It's much easier and cheaper to find berries here, I feel like in Portugal they charge you so much for a tiny little box of berries. We discovered a supermarket that has a huge fridge with berries for a very affordable price so we'll be going back for sure.

I tried making something that I wouldn't go for normally, a vegetable stew served over sweet potato, and it was quite good and vegan if I'm not mistaken (well, if you follow the recipe at least...I added a wee bit of cheese because cheese makes everything better).


Exercise

The walks this week were great, we've been having some beautiful sunny days and it's such a pleasure to go along the coast near the water. Half the river is already frozen, I'd love to go ice skating on it (my boyfriend said they do it here) but it's not frozen enough for that yet.


Olá a todos, peço desculpa mas não consegui publicar este post ontem pois tivémos alguns amigos cá em casa para jantar e passámos a tarde a cozinhar e a arrumar a casa. A foto acima é de um quadro que encontrei numa loja, e acho que me descreve completamente neste momento. O meu peso tem estado no mesmo valor há algum tempo, eu sei que isso acontece quando se perde muito peso de uma só vez, mas continua a ser chato. Tirando isso, esta semana foi muito boa, fomos de carro a uma zona mais a norte porque já há neve (aqui ainda não nevou a sério) e adorei, nunca tinha estado na neve e é uma experiência fantástica. Também fomos ao cinema ver a Ascenção de Júpiter mas sinceramente não recomendo, é visualmente muito bonito mas a história é fraca.

Comida

Experimentei algo novo esta semana mas penso que não se vende em Portugal, pelo menos visitei os sites dos supermercados principais e não encontrei. Chama-se Quorn e é uma marca que produz substitutos para a carne bastante semelhantes ao frango em textura. Existem várias variedades mas eu comprei o que vem em filetes, mais ou menos do tamanho de um peito de frango, e cada pedaço tem apenas 35 calorias! Por si só não sabe a quase nada, mas com umas especiarias e acompanhamentos ficou muito bom, fiquei muito impressionada. Numa das noites ao jantar comemos carne estufada com bastante salada e puré de batata.

Para lanches ou quando tenho fome tenho comido chocolate (eu sei, eu sei), nozes ou iogurte com framboesas e mirtilos. É muito mais fácil encontrar essas frutas aqui, em Portugal combram tanto por uma caixinha pequenina, não vale a pena. Aqui encontrámos um supermercado que tem um frigorífico cheio de mirtilos, framboesas e amoras a um preço bastante acessível.

Tentei fazer algo que não faria normalmente, um estufado de legumes servido com batata doce e fiquei surpreendida pois estava muito bom e completamente vegan se não me engano (bem só se seguirem a receita, porque eu adicionei um bocadinho de queijo porque tudo fica melhor com queijo por cima).


Exercício

As caminhadas esta semana têm sido muito boas, tem estado um solinho óptimo no meio deste frio todo e é um prazer caminhar junto à água. Metade do rio já congelou e eu gostava muito de patinar no gelo mas ainda não é possível, o rio não congelou o suficiente.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...