Pick your language for posts | Escolhe o idioma para os posts


Sunday 22 February 2015

Week 9 weight loss journal

Being back in Lisbon and going back to school is so depressing. The difference in temperature is massive, it has been around 15ºC here in Lisbon and while this temperature is fine for me, it's only the start of a very slow climb to the summer weather of 30ºC where I feel like I might die from the heat. I really dislike summer and heat. It's odd having such an exciting month and then coming back home to notice nothing has changed, the world is exactly the same. It's the exact same landscape I've seen thousands if not millions of times, I catch the exact same buses to school where I see the same people every day. It feels a bit like an alternate universe. What keeps me going is knowing that after this semester of school, I'll be back in Sweden for the whole summer and I couldn't be more excited. I was so happy in Sweden and it was so much fun. So fun I even gained 2kg from all the chocolate. I do eat a lot better when I'm home since I know exactly what food to make and I get into a routine, being on holiday makes me super excited to try new food and I end up making bad decisions.

Food

As usual, salad as a side dish + meat. I prefer meat in the winter and fish in the summer, the fish that's in season in the summer is more to my liking than what's in season in the winter. What I normally use to make a salad depends, but usually consists of a base of lettuce or a mix of lettuce with something else like arugula, tomatoes, grated carrot and onion. To this base I will add whatever I have on hand or prefer in that particular day, like apple, feta cheese, cucumber, red bell pepper, etc. As a dressing I like to switch it up because I get bored so easily. This week I've been having the salads with a honey, mustard and lime dressing that I made, or guacamole.

This week I've been eating pork fillets, ground turkey patties and chicken, grilled. I bring my lunch to school so I can know exactly what I'm eating and it's also cheaper so what I do is I make a big batch of something, divide it into portions and freeze the ones I don't need right away. This way I always have a box of homemade school lunch to bring every morning with me. So my school lunches this week, which haven't been many because I only had two classes so far, were a sweet potato and carrot stew with some pork fillets.


My mom doesn't cook very often but when she does I know it's going to be something that isn't particularly healthy but that's okay, she only cooks once or twice a week. So she made a mushroom meat loaf with fries on the side and a salad. 

For breakfast I haven't been having my green smoothies as normal because I returned home on Sunday and haven't had the chance to go to the supermarket yet so I don't have a smoothie stock at the moment. That being, for breakfast I've been having yogurt with banana, or tea with some crackers. As snacks I've been eating crackers or a dark bread sandwich with ham. I love bread with seeds on it. I don't have a habit of drinking sodas or other packaged drinks, I drink mostly water or freshly squeezed orange juice or lemonade. I think it goes without saying, but there's so many hidden calories and sugars in packaged drinks, even when they say low sugar always be weary of artificial sweeteners that are so unhealthy.

Exercise

So far so good. I exercised 4 times this week, mostly dance videos. I'm going to do a post on what videos I like very soon so you know what I mean when I say dance videos. I also walked the dog a few times, I doubt my lazy brother walked her at all while I was gone. My poor baby girl.

Estar de volta em Lisboa e voltar à faculdade é muito deprimente. A diferença de temperatura é enorme, tem estado cerca de 14ºC aqui em Lisboa e embora este sol não me incomode eu sei que é só o princípio e que daqui a um mês já vou estar a desesperar com tanto calor. Odeio o Verão por causa do calor. É estranho passar um mês tão entusiasmante e cheio de experiências novas e depois chegar a casa e perceber que nada mudou, o mundo continua a ser exactamente o mesmo. Já vi esta paisagem milhares ou milhões de vezes, continuo a apanhar exactamente os mesmos transportes que passam sempre pelos mesmos sítios para a faculdade onde vejo as mesmas pessoas todos os dias. Sinto-me um pouco num universo paralelo. O que vale é que quando este semestre acabar vou outra vez para a Suécia passar o Verão. Como o Malato diria, já fui tão feliz na Suécia e foi tão bom. Tão bom que até ganhei 2 kg com todo o chocolate que comi. É um facto que quando estou na minha casa me alimento muito melhor, sei exactamente que comida fazer e entro numa rotina, estar noutro país deixa-me demasiado entusiasmada para experimentar tudo e mais alguma coisa.

Comida

Como já é normal tenho comido salada como acompanhamento para carne. Gosto muito de saladas por isso não sinto que seja um sacrifício. Prefiro comer carne no inverno e peixe no verão pois o peixe de época no verão é muito mais do meu agrado. O que uso normalmente quando faço salada varia, mas a base é quase sempre a mesma: alface (ou uma mistura de alface e outra verdura como rúcula), tomate, cenoura ralada e cebola. Por cima desta base vou construíndo outras saladas dependendo do que tenho em casa ou do que me apetece como queijo feta (torna tudo melhor), pimento vermelho, milho, maçã, pepino, etc. Não sou pessoa que consiga comer salada a seco sem qualquer tipo de molho, e também não gosto de comer sempre o mesmo molho porque aborreço-me se estiver a comer sempre os mesmos sabores. Como tal costumo ir variando os molhos que faço, mas esta semana tenho gostado de um molho de mostarda, mel e sumo de lima.


A carne que tenho comi esta semana foi filetes de carne de porco e carne de peru picada. Idealmente não comeria porco, até porque não é a minha carne preferida, mas não sou eu que estou encarregue das compras cá em casa e portanto tenho de me conformar. Costumo trazer o meu almoço para a faculdade pois assim sei exactamente o que estou a comer e evito outras tentações, outra vantagem é sair muito mais barato. Faço uma quantidade maior de comida e congelo em porções, assim todas as manhãs posso trazer uma caixa para o almoço. Para os almoços desta semana fiz um estufado de cenoura e batata doce para acompanhar com os filetes de porco.

A minha mãe não cozinha com muita frequência mas quando ela o faz eu sei que não vai ser nada particularmente saudável mas não faz mal pois só acontece uma ou duas vezes por semana. Ela fez rolo de carne recheado com cogumelos e batatas fritas para acompanhar.

Não tenho bebido batidos verdes ao pequeno-almoço como seria normal porque ainda não tive oportunidade de ir ao supermercado desde que cheguei de férias e não tenho os ingredientes necessários de momento. Tenho comido iogurte com banana ou tostas com um pouco de manteiga e chá. Não lancho todos os dias mas quando o faço como fruta ou uma sandes de pão de sementes com manteiga e fiambre. Não tenho por hábito beber refrigerantes ou bebidas que já vêm engarrafadas, bebo água e sumo natural que faço em casa e em que posso controlar a quantidade de açúcar.

Exercício

Até aqui tudo bem. Fiz exercício quatro vezes esta semana, principalmente vídeos de dança. Hei-de fazer um post com os vídeos que mais gosto para vocês os conhecerem. Tenho também dado caminhadas com a minha cadela pois eu duvido que o meu irmão a tenha passeado de todo enquanto eu estive fora, a minha pobre menina.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I'd love to read about the dance videos that you do xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll write about them in the future, It has been so long trying to find videos that I actually like I think I danced my way through youtube a few times. And thank you again for commenting, I can't tell you how exciting it is to have someone that I admire take some time to comment on my little blog =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...