Pick your language for posts | Escolhe o idioma para os posts


Friday 29 May 2015

5 things I promise myself this summer


This post is written in collaboration with other bloggers, you can read her posts by clicking the links below this one. Debz had the idea of creating the #PlusSizePromise Challenge, the point is to write things that we promise ourselves for this summer.

Go to the beach more

I think I hated the beach until I went to the beach during Spring and noticed I missed it so much. I avoid the beach because a) sun - I have a small sun allergy and so being in direct sunlight becomes very uncomfortable for me; b) sand, I don't like sand stuck all over me; and c) heat - I suffer a lot in the summer because of the heat and it doesn't help my allergy at all.
So this summer I promise myself to go to the beach more and take sunshade with me so the sun doesn't become such a big problem. Also, to be honest for many years I have felt very uncomfortable going to the beach and thinking everyone will be staring at me. I even used to try and stay as close to the waterline as possible so the walk from the towel to the water was as short as it could be and I wouldn't need to be in everybody's face with my body. Which brings me to...

Not covering up my arms as much

Now that I have read some of the other blogger's answers I notice this one comes up for pretty much everyone. It seems as we're embarrassed of showing off our arms and I truly am. It's probably the part of my body that I like the least, I think they're out of proportion to the rest of my body and it's the only thing I can see sticking out of a sleeveless dress and ruining my entire outfit. It doesn't look like I'm self conscious about my arms because I don't go to great lengths to cover them up if I'm feeling hot, but if feeling hot wasn't an issue I'd definitely be wearing a cardigan over a sleeveless anything. This summer, if I'm not in need of a cardigan for warmth, I promise to take it out.

Keep exercising

This is one that ties in with the heat. I'm a good girl in the winter when it comes to exercise, as odd as it might seem. I'm much more likely to go for a long walk during the winter than in the summer, simply because walking in the sun really makes me desperate and moody. But it doesn't mean I can't exercise, I can keep doing my home exercises and get a fan to make me less hot. I really want to keep up the exercise this summer and not gain weight. Which brings me to...

Maintain my weight (at least)

I'm not like most people. Most people gain weight in the winter and lose weight in the summer. But yours truly really has a problem with the summer, the sun, the heat weighing me down, the sweat, ugh. Just makes me not want to do anything at all and just stay inside a pool with a bucket of ice cream. Thus I promise myself to keep my meals in check and work on maintaining my weight if not  losing some.

Accept and believe it when someone compliments me

Some people are very gracious when receiving compliments. I do accept them and say thank you but I do not believe them sometimes. When it's about my looks I think "you're just saying that because you're my boyfriend/mom" or even regarding my intellect I'm like that too. Even this week a teacher complimented me on my abilities and I did feel really good about what she said but I also thought "well, I could be better". Which is silly isn't it? Why would someone go out of their way to compliment me if they didn't truly mean it? I promise to me (not necessarily for this summer but as a continued effort) to not knock down a compliment just because I don't think I'm enough for myself.

Have tons of fun

Am I the only one that is slowly turning into an old lady when it comes to having fun? My idea of fun used to be put on a skin tight dress, go to some club and drop it like it's hot. Now my idea of fun is a nice glass of Baileys, a blanket and a nice movie with my boyfriend. No I'm kidding, it's not only that, but you know what I mean. This summer I promise to try to have more fun that doesn't include movie and a blanket. The Baileys is welcome to stay though.

How about you? What do you promise yourself for this summer?

Have a nice weekend =)

Este post foi escrito em colaboração com outras bloggers, podem ler as contribuições delas clicando nos links no fim do post. A Debz teve a ideia de criar o desafio #PlusSizePromise onde cada pessoa menciona as promessas que faz a si mesma para este Verão e aqui vão as minhas.

Ir mais à praia

Eu achava que detestava a praia até lá ter ido durante a Páscoa e ter reparado nas saudades que tinha de lá ir. Eu evito ir à praia porque (a) existe sol e eu tenho uma alergia ao sol e estar constantemente debaixo do sol torna-se muito desconfortável; (b) areia, não gosto nada de ter areia colada a mim; e (c) o calor, sofro bastante com o calor durante o Verão e não ajuda em nada a minha alergia. No entanto prometo a mim mesma ir mais à praia, levar um chapéu de sol e bastante protector solar e divertir-me.

Não cobrir tanto os braços

Os meus braços são a parte do corpo de que gosto menos, acho que são desproporcionais em relação à minha figura e tento cobri-los ao máximo a não ser que esteja tanto calor que eu não aguento. Este Verão prometo não tapar tanto os meus braços a não ser que esteja frio.

Continuar a fazer exerício

Esta liga-se muito com o facto de estar muito calor em Lisboa no Verão. O ar quente incomoda-me muito e, ao contrário das outras pessoas, sou muito mais activa no Inverno do que no Verão pois evito sair de casa se estiver muito sol. Como tal evito também fazer exercício pois se estando quieta tenho calor, se fizer exercício ainda pior fico. Este Verão prometo lutar contra essa tendência e fazer mais exercício físico em casa, basta ligar uma ventoínha e fica o problema resolvido.

Manter o peso (pelo menos)

Não sou como a maioria das pessoas. Como já disse sou mais activa no Inverno, e tendo a perder mais peso no Inverno também. No Verão não me apetece fazer nada senão estar dentro de uma piscina a comer gelado, refrigerantes e afins. Prometo a mim mesma ter mais cuidado com a alimentação durante o Verão e lutar para manter o meu peso, se não até mesmo perder (mas manter já seria bom).

Aceitar e acreditar em elogios

Por vezes até aceito um elogio mas não acredito que a pessoa que o disse esteja a falar a sério. O que é parvo, porque se uma pessoa se dá ao trabalho de elogiar outra, penso que está a ser sincera. Mas é muito fácil sermos racionais quando as coisas são com os outros, quando é connosco o caso muda de figura. Quando recebo elogios, quer sejam em relação à minha aparência quer seja em relação a capacidades/intelecto tenho sempre tendência a achar ou que estão a dizer isso só por dizer ou a pensar "pois, mas podia ser ainda melhor". Prometo (não necessariamente apenas no Verão) não desvalorizar um elogio só porque eu acredito que como não sou suficiente para mim mesma também não sou suficiente para os outros.

Divertir-me

Não sei se também vos acontece mas às vezes sinto-me como uma senhora de meia idade com as suas pantufas e o seu chazinho! Aqui há uns 2 ou 3 anos atrás a minha ideia de diversão era vestir um vestido curto, ir ali ao ABS ou ao Gossip e só aparecer em casa às 6h da manhã. Tanto fiz isso durante tantos anos que acabei por me cansar e agora só quero é sopas e descanso como se costuma dizer. Adoro estar no sofá com o meu namorado a ver um filme, enrolada num cobertor e com um copo de Baileys. É verdade que sabe bem mas também acho que só somos jovens uma vez por isso este Verão vou tentar divertir-me mais e experimentar mais coisas novas. Aqui há umas semanas já meti esta promessa em prática e marquei uma viagem para Roma em Agosto, depois conto-vos como foi.

Então e vocês, o que é que prometem a vós mesmos este Verão?

Bom fim-de-semana a todos =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...