Pick your language for posts | Escolhe o idioma para os posts


Sunday 3 May 2015

Week 17 Weight Loss Journal

Here we are, I haven't quit my weight loss journey. This weekend was great, it was a long weekend because of the holiday on friday and it's just lovely to be off school for a little bit longer. School can be very intense, specially the month of May since it's the last month of school so plenty of assignments to deliver and studying. I was in a terrible mood though because I went off the pill since I was experiencing some nasty side effects but then my skin started breaking out like crazy (I'm better now). On the food front I have tried to stay on track but I'm honest when I say I didn't try my hardest.

Food


For breakfast I'm back on green smoothies - spinach, strawberry, chia seeds, banana, orange juice. With every meal I tried to have a salad as a side dish with lettuce, grated carrot, tomato, red bell pepper and a dressing of garlic and cilantro.

I made a vegetable stew that I ate for a few meals throughout the week - chickpeas, red bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, cilantro and tomato puree. It was absolutely delicious for a chickpea + cilantro lover. I had that for one of the meals with a poached egg on top. Then for another meal I put it inside a tortilla and rolled it like a wrap.

Speaking of wraps, I had that for another meal with vegetables and chicken inside. It's such a great thing to have in the freezer for when you need a meal, just need to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and put whatever you want inside.

Then for the not so healthy part I did have quite a lot of pasta this week from spaghetti with sausage to the screws-pasta (I don't know the technical name, sorry).

Mushroom risotto was another one of my meals. I believe the traditional risotto is quite caloric but I make a healthier variation and it tastes good to me. I also had grilled salmon with boiled potatoes and brocolli. Last night I had mushroom meatloaf with pasta and roasted vegetables (red bell pepper, carrot, onion).

I did snack on chocolate, chocolate cake, green tea and a sandwich or two which I'm not proud of but I won't beat myself over it.

Exercise

I have exercised 4 times this week and for longer than I normally do. Dance videos as normal (this week I did the Pussy Cat dolls dance video and it's so much fun, try it!).
Aqui estamos outra vez, ainda não desisti de perder peso. Este fim-de-semana foi mais longo do que o normal e soube tão bem ter mais um diazinho sem aulas. O mês de Maio é o último dia de aulas e é muito stressante e pesado. Andei de péssimo humor na semana passada porque deixei de tomar a pílula pois estava a experienciar alguns efeitos secundários e quando deixei a pílula fiquei com a cara cheia de acne. Felizmente já estou melhor.

Comida



Voltei aos batidos verdes ao pequeno-almoço - espinafres, morango, banana, sementes de chia, sumo de laranja. Com todas as refeições tentei comer salada de alface, cenoura ralada, pimento vermelho, e tomate como um dos acompanhamentos.

Fiz um guisado de legumes com grão de bico, pimento vermelho, cebola, cogumelos, curgete, coentros e puré de tomate que estava uma delícia. Quando o fiz acompanhei com um ovo escalfado. Como sobrou bastante fui comendo noutras refeições, para uma delas meti um bocado do guisado numa tortilha. As tortilhas podem ser guardadas no congelador e são uma óptima forma de ter uma refeição sempre à mão. Basta metê-las no microondas durante uns segundos e meter o que se quiser lá dentro. São relativamente baixas em calorias (122 calorias por tortilha).
Falando em tortilhas, para outra refeição comi duas tortilhas recheadas com alface, pimento vermelho, azeitonas e bocadinhos de frango.

Abusei muito de massa esta semana infelizmente. Comi bastante esparguete tanto acompanhado com salsichas como com rolo de carne de cogumelos e legumes assados.

Para outra refeição fiz risotto de cogumelos que adoro, não é das coisas mais simples de fazer porque requer muita monitorização e estar sempre a mexer mas gosto muito. Também comi salmão grelhado com batata cozida e bróculos.

Ao lanche comi sandes com fiambre e chá verde, laranja ou chocolate (não me orgulho).

Exercício

Fi-lo 4 vezes esta semana e durante mais tempo do que o normal (cerca de uma hora). Fiz o vídeo de dança das Pussycat Dolls (se procurarem no youtube encontram mas com péssima qualidade) e é muito divertido.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...